Synergy Housing is committed to equality of opportunity and good relations with people of differing cultures and groups. This includes when we provide housing and other services to residents, as well as our duties as an employer and purchaser of goods and services. We take a pro-active approach to equality, diversity and inclusion issues and want to be known as an organisation that demonstrates good practice.
We work with people across a wide geographical area and in many different communities. We realise that people have different needs, depending on many factors. If we do not meet these needs, some people may have difficulty in using our services or understanding the information we give. We want people to have the opportunity to achieve their potential and not be subject to prejudice or discrimination. This means we need to offer people a range of ways to use our services and information and to remove barriers.
Who does our commitment apply to?
Our commitment applies to the following people:
- Anyone who applies for housing
- All current tenants and their households
- All other people who use services we offer
- Everyone who applies to work for us as an employee or as contractor/supplier
- All staff members, Board Members and contractors/suppliers
We are committed to fair and equal treatments for all regardless of:
- Marital / Partnership Status
- Sexual Orientation
- HIV or AIDS Status
- Responsibility for Dependents